Actually, I feel kind of guilty, but not. You see, the past few days I've been more or less sick. The mornings are when I feel the most sore-throat-ish. Regardless, I've been going about my business as usual and not missing out on anything due to this small set-back. Then last night, my congestion set in and made it hard to sleep (plus Avery on top of that). I ditched church this morning because of this. That's what I feel most guilty for, but not. You see, I also stayed home because Avery has been teething (thus with runny nose, cough, and being miserable half the time). Regardless, I feel a bit of a hypocrite because I did everything else I wanted to this week and then when Sunday rolls around, it's so easy to say that I'm sick and 8am is too early for me and my illness (besides, Avery doesn't need to be out in the cold either). Granted, if church was in the afternoon, I probably would have recovered enough through extra sleep that I would not have skipped out and maybe even dragged Avery with me just for my conscience's sake. I just feel like a bum. Yet, I shouldn't. Yet, I do. Church should be the most important thing of the week..... WHY does it have to be at EIGHT A.M.??? Oh bother, I can't blame early church. Perhaps I will just have to make recompense this week so I feel better about myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
ha. I could just see the shoulder angel and devil coming out in that whole post. It's okay. I feel the same way when I am sick and I don't think it's because you subconsciously don't like church or something. I find going to church difficult when you don't feel good because you aren't doing anything but sitting and listening and so you have more time to think, "Gee. I feel sick. I wish I could go home" whereas if you are at home or running errands you sort of think about other things instead.
So don't feel guilty. Or you can.
I've had moments like those. It becomes especially complicated with little kids who also feel miserable. It makes it difficult to focus at church and sometimes it seems like I could get more out of Sunday by the two of us staying at home getting ourselves better and praying and pondering the scriptures instead of focusing on how miserable we feel and the squirminess of the baby. Plus, heaven forbid you or Avery were contagious, you could help others by staying home. Feel guilty only to the point where you feel grateful for the opportunities you do have to go to church and then realize you are not going to go to Hades for missing a day of meetings. You can still feel the Spirit and be uplifted at home on those rough days!
Do you know how I wish MORE people who where sick would stay home from church to NOT GET ME SICK when I am healthy at church!!!! Anyway, I hope you feel better! Z has been working on his k9's and molers for 2 months now. Quite the snotty nose little grouch! :) Good luck!
i know what you mean...but i am SO EXCITED to change to an earlier church time so that my kids can get their naps! they're up by 7 every day anyway. hope you guys get feeling better
Post a Comment