I've come to somewhat of a crossroads with what to feed my child. She's finished up her baby food pretty much and has two teeth with two on the way. When I go grocery shopping I have to think harder about what I can feed her three times a day (plus snacks). I love how the produce guys at Maceys give her a free banana to eat every time I see them (but that's another story). I am surprised at how well she can eat what we're eating, but there are still occasions when I need something specifically for her. Thankfully, Avery is not a picky eater and I have great pride as a parent to know that my one-year-old will gladly eat a can of cold green beans or corn and actually prefers to have a real meal to eating snacks or drinking milk all day. She's doing better about drinking more these days (yay!), so I'm slowly giving up nursing and she is okay with it. I'd say we might nurse every other day now.
We have to be more careful with orange sections with the skin still on & apples with the peel still on. I probably should have know better all along, but those are pretty scary for her. Of course she's still not ready for hard fruits and veggies, nuts, and anything she can't "sog" to death.
This is what Avery's menu is like these days...
Breakfast: pancakes with milk or some cereal sogged in milk and spoon fed by us (she's not ready to try feeding herself with a utensil). She's not into juice yet. Fruit is always a treat (canned pineapple and mandarins or a banana are her favorite).
Lunch: steamed carrots or broccoli, canned green beans or corn, bread, the last of her rice cereal and canned meat.
Dinner: The same as lunch or whatever we're eating. She likes pretty much anything we put in front of her. Pasta, rice dish, beans, whatever. She also doesn't mind chocolate! :)
By the way, while we're on the subject of eating, we LOVE Avery's Bumbo with tray!!!!! It's so easy to assemble and clean up after eating. We're totally BIG fans!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment