Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Congratulations, Brian!

Today Brian defended his thesis for graduate school here at BYU in front of a panel of 3 professors and the general audience (fellow lab members and family). Let me just tell you- he did SO WELL! And I'm not the only one to fend for his brilliance and hard work. One professor (Cox) said that Brian's is one of the most complete and well-written thesis' that he's ever read. Another (Magleby) commented on how much Brian's writing has improved (I second that, because I'm the one to help him edit and I can see the difference!). The presentation itself went so smoothly and I was very impressed with the general flow and comprehensiveness. He not only passed his thesis, but he was only asked to make very minor revisions (most people who do this have to make larger revisions). As a part of his thesis, he has also designed a compliant bicycle brake that just received a provisional patent. Well done, Brian. The title of his thesis is: "DEVELOPMENT OF A COMPLIANT MECHANISM SCHEME AND UTILIZATION OF A LIBRARY OF COMPLIANT MECHANISMS TO FACILITATE DESIGN."
Celebrating at Tucanos! :)

3 comments:

Zan said...

Brian, that's amazing! Congrats! That sounds WAY more intimidating than my thesis defense (only my committee and me in the room). Hooray for your whole family.

Shelly and Bryce Stanger said...

Great job brother!! Proud of you too!! Love you!!

Jenni said...

Congratulations! We were wondering how it went! So glad to hear it went so well!