I'm really excited for this new year. No particular reason. There's something about starting afresh. The holidays leave me a little frazzled and off-balanced (not necessarily in a bad way, but I think you all know what I mean) and it's nice to take a deep breath of fresh air and say "ah," here's to a new year.
It's like the end of the previous year is left scribbled all over with highlights and cross-outs, but now a new document is opened and ready to be typed on. What's in store for this year? I feel like I'm in Italy, staring out over a beautiful pasture in the crisp morning, contemplating the day. Never been there, but I imagine it to be beautiful. This is kind of how I feel.
As with every year, I get to start it out with a birthday! I think this is convenient because I can associate each year with a particular age. 2010 will be me 23. Twenty-three. Hmm, it doesn't sound like a special age to be. Once I hit 21, I don't think any year is supposed to be all that thrilling, but who's to say? I'm learning that it's most fun to keep track of Avery's age and I'm sure I'll be much more preoccupied with my kids to worry about what age I am in the future. I like it that way. Getting excited about my kid brings a lot of life to me; I don't so much care about how old I am anymore because it's not important.
However, any cause to celebrate is more than welcomed! For my birthday, I tried to sleep off my sore throat this morning. I think it mostly worked! Brian gave me a huge massage! We went to Red Lobster for dinner (my choice!). I've been craving lobster/crab/shrimp lately... which is super odd for me. It was DELICIOUS! Wow. We then went to Target. Brian bought me some Ben & Jerry's! Ah, my birthday is complete! I am so satisfied!!!
Happy New Year, everyone! Thanks for reading.
2 comments:
yeah, I meant to call you yesterday to wish you happy bday, but I was at work...again...anyway, I hope it was wonderful!
happy belated birthday!!
Post a Comment