Wednesday, January 6, 2010

First Word

Or close enough! Avery's vocabulary is full of the usual baby babble: bah-buh-buh, dah-dah-duh, pa-pa-ba & of course ma-ma-ma and da-da-da. Excluding ma-ma and da-da, which she has been saying for a while to beckon her parents, I will qualify today's new babble as her first real word!

"Beh-Bee"
(Baby)

She hears the word "baby" a lot because that's pretty much her name. We're reading a book called "All about me" which is a baby's guide to all things baby. I point to the pictures as I talk about the baby. She likes to point too. Today as she pointed, she distinctly said, "beh-bee" in that cute, innocent, high-pitched baby tone. She hardly ever uses the "ee" vowel, so I'd say this was a good attempt at her mimicking the word, "baby." Just the other day I heard her say "ma-mee" instead of the usual "ma-ma" and I thought it was the cutest thing EVER! Avery would like to say a few words now:
z3222zzaDS£
...nevermind. I think she's just hungry and I took her carrot. Not in the mood for typing now!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

That is adorable. I keep trying to get K to say more...but its all jibber jabber. Its cute how they really want to express themselves isn't it?