[It reminds me of some of those paintings that the artist would title, "Woman in snow," or something like that. I've seen it quite a bit; sometimes they even give them numbers, "Woman in snow #15." You would think artists would always have some figurative, contemplative title; not so literal. I guess I was wrong!]
Back to the point. Diaper Bag. My free Similac diaper bag is starting to fall apart on the inside (plus it's not a very fashionable thing anyway). I like taking on projects and I didn't have but $2 to spend, so Brian helped me get creative with the bags we already have to make a new one.
I have 3 bags from the BYU-Idaho bookstore back when they were really cheap. Brian also brought home a free bag from the career fair. I like one of the bookstore ones, but the inside lining is really cheap and would fall apart in no time. I wanted it to look nicer and last longer, so I took the whole thing apart at the seams and put in some nice dark corduroy to line it. I also added side pockets and a long strap (it needed one to go across the chest-- I hate it when they constantly fall off the shoulder). The only thing I bought was tougher thread (at 50% off). Take a look at the finished product! (The side pockets are hard to see with the dark couch behind.)
1 comment:
Super cute! I wish I was as crafty. I've not done it for so long it doesn't seem to come to me anymore. And way to save money too!
Post a Comment