1 Nephi
• A lot of time passed while they were in the wilderness; probably around 10-15 years or more. Never really thought it was that long.
• It is obvious that Nephi highly values keeping records. He talks about it often. I wonder if his father instilled this in him or if it was the Lord just working His ways through Nephi. Did many others in that time value record keeping? I wonder.
• Nephi also values kept records, as does his father. Nephi and his brothers went back to Laban to retrieve the plates of brass. Nephi also quotes a lot of Isaiah, which means he reads it.
• Lehi was blessed with a lot of foresight as a prophet.
• Nephi gets a lot more insight into the Tree of Life vision than he probably expected. Many other things are manifested to him. I wonder if he received more knowledge than his father at this time, I wouldn't be surprised. That doesn't really matter though. The Lord blessed both of them with understanding according to their faith.
• Nephi really did gain a LOT of insight into the future and God's way with his people.
• Brian mentioned that there is still a good amount of history in this record even though this is the one Nephi kept "spiritual" matters. It's probably because spiritual lessons and doctrinal insights are manifested through our daily lives and activities.
No comments:
Post a Comment