I feel like I'm a good speller. I owe it to my dad who always made me look up words if I couldn't spell them. I'd call from the downstairs... "Dad??? How do you spell ___?" "Look it up!," he'd say every time. I don't think he was lazy. He probably figured I'd internalize the word better if I took the effort to look it up myself. In homeschool my mom always raved at how well I could spell and I was proud of that. Despite this talent, there are four words I can never spell (and more I'm sure)!
1) definitely (definately?)
2) it's vs. its (my pet peeve is when people mix up similar words like this, but the "its" combination seems to be the one I can never get right!)
3) exercise (excersice?... or some other version)
4) sentence (sentance? I didn't figure out this was the wrong spelling until last year!)
2 comments:
hey! It's good that you have so few! It's also good that you actually went to look things up, showing that YOU aren't lazy either. :) That was a great and fun post. By the way, words I can't spell include:
1.then vs than
2. vaccuum
3. privlege
definitely is definately one I always misspell! and field and receive...
Post a Comment