Sunday, October 16, 2011

Re-upholstered Chairs

After deciding to go conservative on our spending, buying a minivan, LED TV, and dining set are no longer in our heads for the time being (even though we'd like them). Since we're holding out, I decided a re-upholstery for our current dining chairs were in order (I can't stand the stains and grossness). I wanted to spend as little as possible. With a little help from hobby lobby's clearance section, I did it under $10. Check it out!

BEFORE


AFTER (complete with vinyl on top)


I think I will have to go back and buy more of this material to make a table cloth or runner!

Extra note: Though we are holding off on some things, we are still moving forward with the home improvements. Yesterday we found tile at Lowe's for 68 cents per square foot. Score! We loaded up our honda and will be commencing to lay tile downstairs soon (hallway, bathroom, storage room, pellet stove area). We will be slightly upgrading our bathroom there (new vanity). We decided the current tub and toilet were fine enough and not worth an extra expense. We think our upstairs vanity would work great down there (as we'd like to upgrade that bathroom... but this would mean we'd have to tear apart that bathroom too and get going on that one with a complete overhaul as we intended to do down the road.... so is this jumping in too far?) I say bring it on..! We shall see.... It's really up to the man in charge.

1 comment:

Adri and Russ Lee said...

I LOVE the chairs, but must admit that as soon as I saw the old ones I was flooded with wonderful memories of playing games on those chairs. :)

I think it would be fun to make a matching table cloth or something. Careful, once you get started on little projects, you'll never stop! I am making placemats to match our pillowcases now :) I think I go to Jo Anns just about every other week these days!