Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I love

This one is all about Avery. I love how she always responds to my smile with another. I love how she's so happy all on her own and she likes to clap her hands. I think it's funny when she buzzes her lips as she's eating and gets carrots or bananas all over the place, then she laughs or smiles. You can't help but join in on the fun; it's hard to get angry. I love her chunkiness. I love that she's so photogenic. I love to play with her on the bed as we have a rolling contest. I love how she's willing and even happy to conform to our schedule when it should really be the other way around. I love that she's a good baby when we leave her with someone. I love watching her play in the bathtub or play with another baby friend. I love to see her curiosity and how she peers around my shoulder when she knows there's something going on. I love how she holds things in the air to examine them. I love to listen to her blab and then say "muh-muh-muh" when she needs me. Her whimpers are absolutely darling. I love to nurse her. I love to see her play with her dad and squeal. I love how ticklish she is! I love every single thing about her and I know that all of it came with her when she was born. I don't feel like I've done a single thing as a parent that makes her this good. I know there will be a day when I have a trying child, but as for now, I'm going to be thankful for this ball of joy I have in this moment! I love to give her hugs and kisses. I can't wait to take her to many places to expand her world (like the zoo, the beach, the pool, the kid's museums, etc). I want to give her ice cream and rewards for being good and learning how to do things on her own like use the bathroom. This gets me giddy inside. I love being a mom!

1 comment:

Dave and Julie said...

You know, even in moments when kids do become "trying" I don't think the enjoyment of being a mother goes away!

It is exciting to hear of all the family coming out your way for Christmas. Dave has the opportunity to work for time and a half during his Christmas break. We LOVE family....but...time and a half is hard to compete with! :) We'll be in Columbus, Ohio for this job, so we won't have access to Skype either! Bummer!