Monday, October 26, 2009

Hmm.

Funny. I was going to sit down and write in my journal (on the computer), but for some reason I just don't feel like it. It sounds like a lot more fun to write a blog! Good thing I can just transfer my words to my journal when I'm done.

Today was... alright. Some good, some whatever. What did we even do?? I can't even think. This is how I feel about my days sometimes. I wonder how it is that all my time gets used up and it feels like I have nothing to show for what I did. Or if I even did anything. Which I know I did.

[Avery Sleeping Longer]
Enough babbling. I know Avery had a good night last night. I've decided to not feed her in the nighttime unless it's been at least 4 hours since the previous feeding. A few nights ago, I let her cry it out when she slept for only 3 hours on the first go-around. Best thing I ever did. The next time she woke up was 5 hours later (meaning she went EIGHT hours without food!); I can get used to this!!! Ever since, she's been sleeping for longer increments. By and by, she'll be sleeping all the way through the night! What an awesome thought.

[My morning. This part is sort of boring.]
So Avery woke up at 7:30 like usual and I decided to get up with her instead of let Brian babysit while he got ready for school and me sleep in. I was feeling awake. She wanted to be back in her crib after about 15 minutes, so I guess she wasn't done sleeping for the night. Fine by me. I got to take care of some business on the computer (like write emails, search for coupons for shopping, etc.) and do the dishes and write a grocery list. (Don't you just love this detailed account of my morning? ... Don't let me bore you.)

[Selling on ebay!!! ...and other errands]
Okay, it's already after lunch time (I hate how it takes so much time to fix up lunch, honestly!) and we get out the door to go shopping! First hit up the bookstore to mail off 3 DVDs we sold on Half.com. Whoohoo! Makin' money! We decided to start selling some of our stuff so we have money to do Christmas this year. So far it's proving to be working. I hope this continues! Avery was good while I went shopping for a gift for the Olsen gift exchange, but one of these days she's going to get really fed up with how long it takes me to do my shopping. I'm so very indecisive. By the time we got to the grocery store, she held in there, but she was probably the most honory she's ever been. I had to pick her up for the last 10 mintues. Poor child. I know it's my fault. You couldn't believe how happy she was when we go home!

[Going off about Halloween]
On our outings, I picked up a pumpkin for $1.20 (impressive, I know) and a black tablecloth on sale for $1.19 to make a big top hat for Brian's costume. Since Avery is a bunny, Brian will be a magician and I will be his assistant. Brian truly wants to be the top hat itself because he doesn't want to wear a suit. I don't blame him, but c'mon! Be a sport. Brian and I have very differing opinions about Halloween. It was pulling teeth for him to allow me to spend $5 total on our Halloween expenditures. I agree that we don't have fluff money to spend, but Halloween is important, right?! Ok, ok, I totally see his point, but I'm glad he let me spend money anyway. I did good, right? $5? yeah? Tonight we went to a neighborhood halloween party. Our top hat wasn't done and Brian agreed to only wear his costume one night (being Halloween, not tonight), so Avery was the only one to dress for the occasion. I put on green pants and an orange shirt to semblance a carrot for tonight. We pinned some white, lacy church socks to Avery's butt for a tail because I forgot to glue together some cotton balls. We thought it was hilarious! A little brown eye shadow on her nose and she just made us laugh! I like her bunny ears, too.

Yikes! It's past time for me to get ready for bed. I guess you've heard enough of my day anyway. I had fun telling you about it. Have a wonderful night! I feel like Santa Clause.... "[Happy Halloween] to all and to all a good night!" Oh, this makes me excited for Christmas now!

No comments: