You would think I treat our glasses as if they were disposable, but I promise I have no hostility towards them whatsoever. In fact, Brian and I are both very fond of this set of glasses we bought as newlyweds. Sadly, we are down to 8 (we started with 12). All four we have lost were because of ME! What bad luck! It's got to be a curse. This is how they were lost:
#1: I dropped it on our carpeted kitchen floor in Willowbrook (Rexburg).
#2: I was babysitting a friend's little boy in Willowbrook and he knocked it off our table (I should have kept it out of reach).
#3: I was here at Wymount doing the dishes with a sinkful of soapy water and dirty dishes. I had the glass upsidedown in my hand, washing the bottom, when it slipped out and cracked in two pieces on another dish in the sink TWO INCHES away! (I must have been scrubbing pretty hard on the bottom of that glass).
#4: Today as I was swinging the bagged spinach in a circle to get the twisty tie on, it knocked the glass over on the table and poof! (See picture above).
Somebody save these poor glasses from me!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment