Avery waves her arms a lot and likes to slap/bang things. She's also learned how to coordinate those hands and bring them together to clap. We never purposefully encouraged her to do this, but she just picked it up by watching us and she's getting really good at it! She can also hold a bottle really well (can't quite keep it tilted up, though) and she can pick up her binki and put it in her mouth (right side up) with no problem. She tries to grab for her spoon while I feed her and put it in her mouth, but I haven't let her loose on that one yet! I love to watch her pick up her toys and hold them in the air to examine them. She's starting to pick up the crawling motions as we practice together but my friends think I'm crazy to encourage her to crawl sooner... One said her son didn't crawl until he was a year old and it's probably the biggest blessing she's ever had. Hmmm... they have good a point! Maybe I'll let Avery put forth the effort when she's ready. Overall, I'm really pleased with Avery's coordination skills.
Friday, September 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment