We've been through a plethora of tactics, none of which have succeeded. Some have helped, none have completed the job. We started roughly 6 months ago. Two weeks ago we gave up diapers for what I thought was for good. I stayed home 3 days straight to nail down the concept, having her go potty often (not waiting an hour between). She did well as long as I told her to go, otherwise we could expect an accident. This isn't bad for learning, but she hasn't improved for 2 weeks. It is necessary for her to learn to tell us when her body needs to go.
We've about resorted to punishing her, but I don't feel that will do the trick at all. It has to be her will. So, we decided to give her the choice: underwear or diapers? She chose diapers. So here we are again. Square one.
I'd like to let her lead from here on out. No coaxing from me. When she's ready to go potty or wear underwear, she will be the initiator. It will be hard for me to stop reminding her, but it's like kicking a dead door nail; she's not taking it upon herself to learn. I really just hope she will want this by the time she's 4.
Dear, sweet Avery. We really do love her to pieces, just can't stand to potty train her anymore. I just hope putting her back in diapers won't make me just as irritable again for other reasons. :-/ Sorry to vent guys!
1 comment:
Oh I understand your frustration! As much as I'd love to push Katelyn harder (and have it done before the baby comes), I know she's not quite there. Good luck! You're not alone!!!
Post a Comment