Avery locked herself in the car. I allowed her to play with my keys while I talked to a neighbor. Big mistake. I didn't panic until after 5 minutes of coaxing her into pushing the lock button UP not down to no avail. I called Brian a few times with no answer. In panic of a smoldering child inside my car, I called the locksmith. Immediately after, Brian called and told me to look for the spare key while he borrowed a co-worker's car to drive home. I found the key. Called the locksmith not to come. That was scary.
I completely missed my visiting teaching appointment without knowing.
The kids and I drove 45 minutes to Lowe's in the truck. Can you guess what happened? Locked the keys in the car upon arrival! (At least this time no child in the car.) Locksmith came in 25 minutes. $30 fee.
Spent goo-gobs of time in Lowe's returning things and picking up stuff. Thankfully, my kids were champs through it all and Avery did not wet her pants (we visited the potty twice and I nursed Aspen once... this is what takes the extra time and effort). The huge downer was they had no decent closet doors in stock that I came to pick up. I hate spending all the money on gas taking the truck and for no good reason. I wanted to cry. I think I did.
Well, it's still only 3 p.m. and I have a house to clean. Hopefully better luck the rest of the day. These things should cheer me up: Watching Burn Notice tonight with Brian and setting out the large rug I picked up at Lowe's for the living room. I also enjoyed having my two sweet kids beside me in the truck while I drove home (no airbags). Aspen sucking on a carrot, Avery eating a sandwich, and the sky was warm gray with a sweet oncoming rain.
2 comments:
what a day! I'm sure glad those days aren't the norm! All moms would commit suicide.
Oh man that is quite the day! Way to be a super mom and get through the day! Sheesh! Glad it got better for you. I think we all have those days sometimes and they are just there to show us how wonderful the easy days can be!! ...if there are any easy days right?! ;)
Post a Comment