- I love to watch Avery inhale her frozen peas one by one. It's like she's racing. (Video at the bottom.) We also went to a BBQ today and I couldn't be more proud at how well she eats.
- Last night, Brian and I finished reading "Fire Study," the third book in a series. We loved it! Now I don't know what I'll read next. I'm going to take a reading break first. It's much needed.
- I'm going to start Avery on the summer reading program just because I want free stuff when we're done. Gotta love incentives.
- Los Alamos National Laboratories is flying Brian out soon for an interview. Looks promising.... but what do I think of New Mexico?? Honestly, It doesn't sound too exotic; I mean, WHO's from New Mexico anyway?? I never considered it an option, but hey- if it's the right job, I'll go whole-heartedly. I'm just glad we actually have some job leads. (Brian also has another interview here in Utah.) It looks like Los Alamos is a die hard scientific town- considering their heritage with the first atomic bomb. I'm still not sure what I think of NM, but whatever- we'll see how things unfold!
- Brian and I are on a kickball team. We won the first tournament game! I'm glad we get to play some more. I really like playing intramural... I feel like I can be sportive. I don't mind getting my hands into a little bit of anything... outdoors, sports, dancing, art, cooking, whatever. Some things I do more than others though. I like being flexible and doing well for a beginner. Feels good.
- I was so proud today when I asked Avery to say "down" when she wanted it and she actually attempted with a "d." That was it, but I was still proud!
Below is the peas video. It may be one of those snippets only a mom could enjoy, but here you have it.
And here is sweet Avery with her "all done" or "all gone" or "amen" gesture.
1 comment:
I love that she has to eat every last one, no pea left behind! And then the carrots for good measure. We need to get together and have Avery teach Katelyn how to eat.
Post a Comment