Sunday, May 9, 2010

Prophets & Mothers

I noticed today that it seems like our Prophets preach on things that we'll need for the upcoming future. Foresight. I mean, that's what makes them prophets, right? They don't just lecture us on the things that are concerning us at hand, but prepare us for what's to come. Did anyone else notice how we were getting a lot of counsel on debt recently, but they've cooled down on it a bit? It seems that maybe we were being prepared for the recession. Of course, they always teach us basic principles that could and should be applied always, but I'm sure they know when to place certain emphasises on things.

At the last conference, there was a big emphasis on family matters and mothers (or women) in particular. Today being mother's day, I've thought more about my primary role as a mother and home-keeper. I know that it will always be my first and most important duty/role to fulfill. I have comfort knowing that if I'm struggling to fulfill other responsibilities or hobbies even, yet my home and family are happy and well cared for in all aspects, then I have nothing to feel down about. I want to be able to recognize when my children are feeling neglected so I can stop whatever else I'm doing and remember what is most important. I know I don't want to smother them or spoil them, so they'll need to be aware that I have other duties and my own needs too, but they should always know that I care for them most and I will be there for them when they need me. I know I will be able to do this because I have that desire.

No comments: