Monday, May 24, 2010

Fifteen months old


There she is. 15 months already. Here's the update:

Height: 31" (50-75%)
Weight: 21 lbs 10 oz (25-50%)
Head: 44 cm (5-10%)

Avery is no longer above average for weight, but she's still growing tall! She may not be quite the oinker when it comes to food lately, but she still eats healthy and well (as long as she doesn't eye the sweets before dinner).

At her appointment the other day, my suspicions were confirmed: she has an ear infection. This must be the cause for her ornery nights. I'm much relieved that we have the antibiotic now (as I'm sure she is too). I think she often gets ear infections, but they usually pass without a heap of trouble. This time I'm glad I had the 15-month-appointment excuse to get her checked by the doctor.

Some words she's picking up: what's that & help. I'm trying to be more adamant about getting her to tell me what she wants (rather than just pointing and nodding).

Avery still likes to:
  • dance to music
  • be outside
  • she points to many things saying "what's that"
  • she loves to read books
  • sit in her chair
  • go through wallets
  • find new things to explore
  • and walk walk walk.

1 comment:

Rachel Lybbert said...

Avery has gotten so big! And she keeps getting cuter!! But I had to laugh a little to myself when I saw that her head circumference was now 44cm, because Emma's was 44cm--at her 6 month checkup! lol That's the 90th percentile for her age, so I guess you could say that my daughter has a big head. :):) So now that Brian's graduated, are you guys sticking around Provo? What are your plans?