We're getting real close to installing new carpet downstairs & on the stairs - it should be just as pretty as the penny we paid for it! Yeah, it turned out to be, oh, about $500-$1000 more than what I was anticipating. Guess that will push back some other projects we want done. Poo. BUT, we will have BEAUTIFUL carpet and a finished 'basement'!
Speaking of finishing projects, we had a few little things to accomplish before the carpet gets rolled in.
One- the guest bedroom closet. It is a tiny room and we want the closet to be open (no doors), so those were taken out and Brian created angled finishes on the corners. Of course, we painted the whole inside too.
BEFORE:
AFTER:
(above) Even the piping was black with splattered paint so I cleaned that right up!
Two- the railing. Brian had a lot of unpretty words to say over this piece of work. It was really a grandiose PAIN to put together, but it has been accomplished! This is Brian staining.
Three- the window sills in the basement; they're not done yet, so no picture!
Oh, and here's a sweet pic of Aspen....
1 comment:
Oh my gosh! I never cease to be AMAZED at how awesome you guys are at home projects. I am excited that you are getting your carpet!! I also LOVE LOVE LOOOOVVEE the guest room closet. It looks so incredible! I guess we just have to come visit and stay there again.....maybe in 2 years.
Post a Comment