Monday, June 4, 2012

I like those kids


Avery is really becoming a little girl and Aspen has now taken over the toddler position.

Avery is great at repeating all our phrases and mannerisms. The other day I said, "I better sweep this floor because it's driving me nuts." and that night in the tub, Avery says "I'm trying to get Aspen to sit down, and she's driving me nuts." haha! They actually get along quite well.

  • Everything she says makes us smirk at how much she's picking up. 
  • She's also quite the negotiator. 
  • She loves to carry her purse and baby doll, especially like mom, and loves to dress up as princesses. Sometimes she pretends to be Wolverine and I'm Storm. 
  • I have to put on makeup in secret or she will want to.
  • Likes to watch: Diego, Dora, My Little Pony, Xmen, Inspector Gadget, Sesame Street
  • She can sure stamp her foot when she gets upset (I want to bust out laughing so bad, but I try not to). 
  • Avery often says things like "When I finish my burrito, I can have ice cream" 
  • and also "I didn't get to eat my ice cream because I didn't finish my burrito; next time I can finish my food and I get ice cream." 
  • She really drags her feet when she eats; Aspen often eats more than her. She LOVES having a snack.
  • She is well aware of her conditions as you can tell. 
  • She pays attention where we're going in the car and knows when we're "off course." 
  • Other phrases: "I'm being funny, mom." 
  • "That's not very nice."
  • "I'm a good girl"
  • For some reason, when we get onto Aspen for doing something, Avery always says "I'm not doing that."
  • She is very good at dressing herself and has rather good sense of style (making a good outfit). She only cannot turn her clothes right side out and zip/button her pants.
  • Avery is completely potty trained and doing very well.
Aspen is super sweet and laughs all the time! She will even laugh at herself after saying 'no' (I think it's her favorite word and she gets a kick out of it). She understands the word "prayer/blessing" and will immediately fold her arms before we do. She understands a lot. She says: down, uh-oh, no, ENH (to the dog), hi, bye, poop. She shakes her head vigorously, especially when I say "do you want milk?/breakfast?/down?" She will shake her head no when she's done with food. She's really good at pointing too. I love how almost every time I pick her up, she'll briefly lay her head on my shoulder and cuddle me. She's got 5 teeth now and shows 'em! Her cheesy smile is to die for. 

1 comment:

Cidne said...

Ha! Avery watches X-Men! Love it!