Thursday, November 19, 2009

Nine months old


Happy Avery. She sure is a cutie pants. And guess what! She can crawl!! (See video below) It was only a couple days ago that she figured out how to get her legs going with her arms. She's got good technique, I tell ya. She hasn't got the speed yet, but let's not get too hasty. I'm sure in a week she'll be cruisin' all over the apartment. Avery is 19 lbs. 2 oz. in the 75% (not quite past the 20 lb. mark like we thought), and 28 inches long (also 75%). Head circumference is in the 10% like usual. Our little porker is gradually shedding off her porker-ness and growing up right before our eyes!! Gosh, we sure love her! She's such a sweet, happy child.

Sweet Avery can sleep for 8 or 9 hour stretches at night most of the time now! (It's funny to realize that she actually does that now. I didn't ever see the day.) She's in bed around 7 or 8 pm, wakes around 10 or 11 pm (she may or may not fall back asleep without eating), and depending if she ate that last time or not, she might wake again at 4 am or something then finally at 7 or 8 am. I'd say I'm a pleased mother.

She nurses well during the day still along with a couple jars of baby food. She doesn't like drinking water so I wonder how long I'll be stuck breastfeeding, but the longer the better. I'd like to nurse her for longer than the norm (meaning, more than a year), but I can't quite visualize it. At any rate, I'll keep it up until I'm no longer comfortable with it or Avery decides she's done.

She is trying vigorously to pull up and likes to hug the coffee table or the dining chairs.

Haha! She wants so badly to stand and walk. It looks like she's on her way already.


Crawling at 9 months

No comments: