Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Lightening Bolt

I saw a lightening bolt today, and heard the thunder. wow, I love it. I sure miss it, too. Back in Tennessee these thunderstorms happen all of the time and they're just so fascinating and awesome! I think the tree in our back yard has been struck at least 50 times (and it shows). The crackling and the booming thunder is fantastic and the way the lightening can light up the whole sky on a dark night is surreal. I love the sound of the rain, too. Here in the west, I've hardly got to enjoy these natural phenomenons and it's a shame, but I sure enjoy them when they do come (even to the smallest degree). I've got the window wide open to hear it and the birds chirping like crazy. It's 4 o'clock in the afternoon. My baby is sitting here in her bumbo watching me type and I feel the cool breeze. I love, love, love thunderstorms. They make me want to sit and ponder and listen, and watch....

No comments: