Saturday, November 2, 2013

Tristan 4, 5 & 6 months

At Tristan's 4 month appointment, we were surprised to see he had not gained any weight since his 2 month appointment! He was at 10.69 lbs. (Everything else was fine.) I'd been breastfeeding him regularly, but apparently he was not satisfied - no wonder about the continued fussiness! Poor guy. We started supplementing with formula and he made quick and steady weight gain (in one week he gained a whole pound!). 
 4 months

 5 months

Over the past 3 months, Tristan has started rolling over and sitting up with assistance (finally holding his head up on his own). I gradually began baby food at about 5 months (he just didn't seem ready before then). He's liking it. He is smiling more and more, GIGGLING when tickled (the best thing in the world!), and just gaining more awareness, skills, and personality appropriate for his age. He's not as fussy and is sleeping mostly through the night- is awake at 5:30 am or 6. Once I started supplementing with formula, I knew it would be a rapid turn over. By 6 months, he was only breastfeeding once before bed and maybe in the morning.... and that was more so for comfort than nourishment. He sure likes his formula. He is now 14.5 lbs.

6 months

1 comment:

Adri and Russ Lee said...

He's so big already! I was just thinking about you guys the other day and wondering how old Tristan was. And I take back my comment on the other post - he looks like a mix of Avery and Aspen. Avery's darker features, but Aspen's...not sure what the word is...but like cute, dainty face (in a manly way, right? :D)