Saturday, February 4, 2012

Perfect Day for sledding

We got dumped on with snow last night (barely made it home from a church activity!). Today it was nice and sunny with all that powdery snow (I'm sure the ski lift was packed today!!). We have a great sledding spot by the roundabout and ventured there today for our first time.



That happens to be Brian with Nala (our pup)!

I'm surprised how long Aspen was content sitting in the snow... and eating it.

In the end, Avery felt safer scooching down the hill on her bum. My first run with her she got buried in snow!

I love it when these girls can entertain themselves together. Avery often climbs into Aspen's crib just after baby's nap to play with her. Today they were trying on hats in there and Avery was "king". Love em. Avery can also pick up baby properly (under the arms) and move her around the room (sometimes to Aspen's chagrin).


These days, we have to feed Aspen her baby food whenever we're not eating because she will not settle for baby food over what's on our plates. She's great at self feeding with her hands and is becoming more interested in using a utensil. Today she didn't want to eat her baby food until she could hold the jar and spoon it out herself. You should have seen her face light up when I allowed this. Though it was rather messy and obviously not a productive way to get food down, it made me smile too. :)

No comments: