Thursday, March 24, 2011

Oiseaux

Brian may make fun of me whenever I sit down to blog, but in reality, he's glad I do it. :-P Today we were at Metzgers and he said, "you haven't blogged much lately" insinuating that it's about time! I'm glad he reads the blogs. :)

Avery has been super cute lately and here's some of what she's said:
  • At breakfast: "mommy, Jesuh luh lyou." :)
  • At breakfast again: I say "Avery, are you super cute?" Avery: "Avie super cute. Mommy super cute."
  • At breakfast once again: I say very wide-eyed and with a smile: "Avery, do you want PANCAKES?!" Avery: "mommy (ex)cited" haha.

I've been trying to speak french to Avery/Aspen. Avery's first words have been: Oiseaux "wah-zoh" (bird) & merci "meh-see" (thankyou). Random thought: I heard the other day on the radio that most childrens' first word after mommy and daddy is "T.V." ... how pathetic. Anyway, it's fun to speak French to my kids; I'm remembering more of it than I thought I would!

I'm trying to do better at meal planning. Any good sites or blogs you'd recommend me visit?

I'm experimenting with my diet to help Aspen's fussy gas issues. Right now I'm cutting out dairy, which hasn't been as bad as I expected, but I'm eating lots of meat, breads, beans, and nuts. I've been on it for 4 days and not much change so far. Soon I'll try cutting out more things.. does anyone know other things that cause baby's gas?

The other day I was looking concerningly at Aspen wondering if she might need to burp or fart or something when spontaneously she gave me a big grin and made me smile back! That reminded me I should smile more at my baby! She's so adorable!! Both of our children are adorable!!!

These past few sundays, I've just felt very uplifted and inspired to do better in certain areas of my life. I decided to write down 7 goals to work on and it's been helpful. Some days I totally crash and burn, but I usually pick things up better the next day. Thinking of my list helps me be motivated. Here's my list:
  • I can read scriptures daily
  • I can pray each morning
  • I can drink water often
  • I can plan meals
  • I can enjoy taking time to play with my kids
  • I can keep the kitchen clean (dishes done basically)
  • I can obey the speed limit within 5 mph

4 comments:

Adri and Russ Lee said...

I like your goals. I also miss hanging out with you and Brian, sitting around and having him be able to say you don't blog much. AH! Somehow, reading that made it really hit me that we can't hang out anymore.

Also, try this website for meal planning: http://www.ourbestbites.com/

Jenni said...

my pediatrician put me on a 2-wk elimination diet when katelyn was doing poorly. I cut out wheat, dairy, nuts, strawberries, eggs, chocolate, and a couple other foods that I can't remember that can be allergen or sensitive. After 2 wks of not ingesting those things, you add in one at a time starting with the least likely cause and add in the others one at a time every couple days. If you notice a difference than you can pinpoint whats causing the gas. I think wheat and milk were last. And milk seemed the be the biggest culprit for us. It was hard though. I felt like I couldn't find anything to eat. Good luck!

Josh and Cambree said...

Hey Bonnie! My RS just did a workshop on a 30-day meal plan that they got from this site: http://littlenannygoat.blogspot.com/2009/05/what-heck-it-30-meal-plan.html
I haven't used it yet, but the idea is great...even if you simplify it at first. I like to plan out seven meals at a time (for one week) and then do my grocery shopping once I have those meals figured out. Hope that helps!

Shelly and Bryce Stanger said...

www.sistersstuff.blogspot.com has weekly meal planning ideas & recipes.