Merry Christmas Eve! Today was just cooking and construction. I cooked, Brian constructed. My first turkey turned out better than I expected (I was scared)! It wasn't bad at all. Yay for me! Take a look at Brian below and the huge gaping hole in our floor! I'm so excited for the new stairs to soon be here!!
What else? She is getting better at stirring and pouring when she helps in the kitchen. She can identify so many objects from learning them in her book (I'm fascinated when she can point out a door or star or animal even when it looks different from the one she identifies in her book).
She's so funny when she responds to my offers sometimes:
me: "Juice or water?"
A: "Juice? K!"
me: "Do you want a cookie?"
A? "Cookie? K!"
She gets so enthusiastic about certain things, I love it. Like cookies. Who wouldn't? She says "wow" in a very awe-struck way when looking at the stars in the sky (mimicking us, I'm sure). Avery loves to repeat words we say and is getting better at it all the time. I'm deeply amazed at her understanding and acknowledgment when I say things like, "You can have this, but we have to wait until..." or "You can play with the pen, but you must put the cap on." It's simple stuff, I know, but I'm so proud that she can be obedient.
No comments:
Post a Comment