We've had a record two fender benders within the last month or so.
#1: The first one was on University Parkway and a lady behind us turned her head to look at the school stadium in bumper-to-bumper traffic and bumped into us. Though the impact was surely felt, there was no evidence of any damage so we both left amicably to avoid any insurance and court business. That was nice.
#2: Unfortunately, this one ended with a police report and the works two days ago. This was on I-15 right by the Belt Route exit on the way to taking Brian to the airport. Some metal shelf flew off a truck and caused a lot of swerving and slammed brakes, thus resulting in a three-car pile up for us. (We being in the middle.) Again, no real damage to us but the guy in the back had something go wrong with his air intake valve so he called the police. We're just glad Brian got to his flight in the end (that's why you go early, right?).
Swimming and Sunburn
While Brian has been in NM, Avery and I went swimming with Jenni and Katelyn yesterday. It was overcast when we left the house so I was lazy and didn't bother to mess with sunscreen for either of us. MISTAKE. We were swimming for 2 hours and the sun DID appear for more of the time than not. I could hardly sleep last night for the burning on my shoulders, but I feel the worst for Avery who should never have known what a sunburn was. She doesn't seem to be bothered (by that or the scrape on her knee), but I still feel horrible about it! :(
Staples
I have to tell you that I LOVE love love the Staples commercials! "WOW, THAT'S A LOW PRICE!" It cracks me up like none other and makes me think of myself when I grocery shop (at an exaggerated level, but imagining myself screaming that phrase just makes me laugh!).
Family Reunion
Our next family reunion was just established for next summer in Island Park Idaho. We will be renting a huge cabin and the WHOLE family is planning on coming!!!!! That makes me jump for joy!! There will be 18 adults and 18 kids. FUN TIMES TO COME!
Avery's Latest Words
Ruff, Ruff = "oof, oof"
Meow = "ooow"
Shoe = "chew"
Ball = "ba"
Grandpa = "bam-pa"
She says "mom" and "ba" for a galore of things and still babbles too. Avery can touch her head and nose when we ask her- she picked up on that quickly.
2 comments:
I put sunscreen on, and I still got burned! My sunscreen is a little old, but it worked the other day, I am baffled. Thankfully, I did put the new sunscreen on Katelyn (its more expensive-I figure I'd reserve it for her) and she was fine. But my back is red!!! I'm glad Avery's knee doesn't bother her and I am super sorry about your car incidences! That stinks, I am glad to hear your car is okay and that you got to the airport on time. Its so stressful catching a flight, no matter how early I plan to be. I only feel better when I am on the plane.
We call brittany's grandpa "Bompa" because her cousin used to call him that and it stuck, so it was funny to see she says the same thing.
Post a Comment